Watch: DPx Gear HEFT 12 CHOP First Run “Expedition Knife”
Russ Chastain 05.26.16
If you’re a knife person and have some extra bucks to spare–and you like a big, heavy, machete-like knife for camp chores or zombie patrol–this might be for you.
DPx Gear is coming out with one heck of a big knife, and they’re taking pre-orders now.
They’re calling it the HEFT 12 CHOP, and here’s what they have to say about it:
Made in Italy by LionSTEEL featuring Sleipner stainless steel, ergonomic Micarta scales, and a flattened blade tip perfect for battoning. This DPx Gear website exclusive is a serialized limited edition first run knife that comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Stonewashed Sleipner steel with 60 HRC
- Textured black Micarta scales
- Serialized first run
- Black KYDEX sheath made in the USA
- Knife made in Italy by LionSTEEL
- No-questions-asked lifetime warranty
- Weight: 23.4 ounces (without sheath) / 29.3 ounces (with sheath)
- Blade Length: 12.52″
- Blade Thickness: 0.22″
- Overall Length: 18.62″
- Rockwell Hardness: 60
- Estimated ship date: June 15th 2016
- Special pre-order price: $380
It looks like a great tool. The price is way beyond my means, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting it.