Would You Settle for Only Two Guns?
Kevin Felts 10.16.17
The liberal media is at it again. This time, their bright idea is to limit people to only two guns.
Before we get too far along, let’s back up and look at the big picture.
Historically, gun-grabbers believed the Second Amendment did not protect the individual’s right to keep and bear arms. Their mindset was that only people in the National Guard or some other government-controlled group had the right to have guns. They based their opinion on the “well regulated militia” part of the 2nd Amendment.
Then came District of Columbia v. Heller, which affirmed the individual right to own a firearm. This was a blow to the anti-gun agenda.
Another blow was their inability to pass gun control while Democrats had two years in power, 2008-2010, and eight years with a Democrat President, 2008-2016
Yet another blow came when when congress refused to pass new gun control measures after the Sandy Hook shooting. Several gun control proponents stated, “If nothing was done after Sandy Hook, nothing will ever be done.”
Gun-grabbers have been punched in the gut so many times, they are on their knees gasping for air. As people tend to do in desperate situations, they are grasping at straws.
Their latest idea? Limit how many guns someone can own.
From the Slate: Two Guns Per Person.
The Constitution doesn’t mandate that Americans be allowed to own an unlimited number of guns. […]
The Constitution certainly doesn’t mandate that Americans be allowed to own an unlimited number of guns. In the Second Amendment, a gun enthusiast might latch onto the words “shall not be infringed” and (ironically) “militia,” and argue that any restriction on his ability to possess any gun he wants violates his constitutional rights, while also making it harder to wage war against the government if it becomes tyrannical.
Would you like to know what is comical about the article? It shows that anti-gunners have just about given up banning certain types of firearms and accessories such as magazines. They are backed into a corner, gasping for air and grasping at straws.
Let’s compare this two-gun stupidity to other civil rights:
- You only get to vote twice, in your whole life. You have the right to vote, but you can only vote twice.
- You only get a trial by jury twice. If someone is arrested a third time, they do not have a right to trial by jury.
- Freedom of religion? You only get to go to church, you guessed it, twice.
- Arrested a third time? Police can beat and torture you; because you guessed it, you used your right of protection from cruel punishment twice.
- Right to a speedy trial? Just do not get arrested a third time. In that case, you could stay in prison forever waiting on a trial. Because guess what, you used your right to a speedy trial twice already.
- Bail? Forget it, you used that right already. You can sit in jail until the trial, which could be decades later.
- Right to life, liberty, or property, without due process of law? Forget it. Got a third speeding ticket? Police can execute you on the spot.
Sounds ridiculous, right? Well, that is what gun grabbers sound like. Nobody in his or her right mind would consider limiting rights in this way. Then again, nobody said gun grabbers were logical people.
I tell y’all what. I will settle for two guns when gun-grabbers can only vote twice in their entire lives. If anti-gunners could not vote, we would not be having this conversation.