Dick’s Sporting Goods Calls For Gun Control
Kevin Felts 02.28.18
Dick’s Sporting Goods has pulled ARs from their Field & Stream stores, while at the same time calling upon congress to enact so-called “common sense gun control.” They have also enacted several gun control measures in their stores.
That’s right, Dick’s Sporting Goods has asked congress to pass gun control laws.
After the Sandy Hook shooting, Dick’s Sporting Goods said they would no longer sell the AR-15. The rifles were pulled from their main stores, but ARs were still sold from their Field & Stream outlets.
Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:
- We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
- We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
- We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
- We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:
- Ban assault-style firearms
- Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
- Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
- Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
- Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
- Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks
Very similar to what the gun-grabbers have been asking for.
However, there may be an ulterior motive for Dick’s Sporting Goods to make this decision.
Dick’s is getting lots of publicity for this but they haven’t sold these kind of guns in their main stores for over 6 years. https://t.co/rT7F8Mq34L
— Stephen Gutowski (@StephenGutowski) February 28, 2018
Dick’s Sporting Goods has not sold the AR-15 in their main stores since the Sandy Hook Shooting in 2012. In this era of a declining gun sales (Trump Slump), what better way to drive up non-gun sales than to make a political statement?
If someone were to look through the Twitter post by Dick’s Sporting Goods, there are a great number of people saying they will shop at Dick’s.
— DICK’S Sporting Goods (@DICKS) February 28, 2018
President Trump has not even hinted he would sign an assault rifle ban bill into law. There has been no mention of the Republican-controlled congress taking up an assault rifle ban.
What I find disturbing is that so many people are saying “Thank you” to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Some have said something along the lines of, “Thank you for being on the right side of history.”
We live in an era when giving up rights gets a thank-you? Somehow, taking rights away from a “free” people is “Being on the right side of history?”
Stalin, Lenin, Mao Zedong, and Che Guevara are probably applauding Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Maybe the people saying “Thank you” to Dick’s should stop watching CNN and pick up a history book?
A question for the readers, are you going to boycott Dick’s Sporting Goods?