Gallery: Survival Knives and Hatchets at SHOT Show 2019
Jon Stokes 02.04.19
I’ve been spending a lot of time lately on blades, axes, hatchets, saws, tomahawks, and other edged tools for emergency preparedness purposes. So when I hit the floor of SHOT 2019 a little over a week ago, I had blades on the brain.
I took some pictures mainly for my own reference, so that I can get keep track of what’s out there and what’s new for 2019. But I thought I’d share a few finds with the AllOutdoor audience, especially given that some of this stuff isn’t quite yet on the market.
But before I show you the goods, here’s what I’ve been up to recently since moving on from being the Editor-in-Chief of AllOutdoor:
- How to choose and mix bladed tools for preppers
- Best survival knives for preppers
- Best field knife sheaths and accessories
- Best Bowie knife and large knives
- Best machete and kukri
- Best survival tomahawk
- Best survival hatchet
- Best survival axe
- How to sharpen a knife for preppers
- Best knife sharpening strops and compounds
- Best knife sharpening stones
- Best pull-through knife sharpeners
All of the guides above are really long and substantial, so take a look if you’re curious about any of those topics and would like to know way more than you ever thought there was to know on any of them.
And now for the gallery, with commentary: