New Loads in Federal’s “Train + Protect” Line of Ammo
Russ Chastain 04.30.20
Federal’s “Train + Protect” ammunition line is being expanded to include more cartridges. Previously available in 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP, this ammo is loaded with hollowpoint bullets but is priced lower than “premium” defensive ammo, so you can afford to practice with the same stuff you carry for self defense.
Pictured above is the new load and bullet in 380 ACP.
From the press release:
Federal has made it easier than ever to honor your birthright to bear arms with three new Train + Protect loads in 380 Auto, 85-grain; 357 Magnum, 125-grain; and 38 Special, 158-grain. Shipments of this product have begun to arrive at dealers.
Federal’s new Train + Protect loads feature Versatile Hollow Point (VHP) bullets to deliver both precise, practical performance at the range, and instant, reliable expansion on impact. These loads, proudly packaged with U.S.A. red, white, and blue colors, join the other existing loads in this product line which include 9mm Luger, 115-grain; 40 S&W, 180-grain and 45 Auto, 230-grain.
Features & Benefits
- New loads in 380 Auto, 357 Magnum and 38 Special
- VHP bullets based on proven Federal hollow-point design
- Reloadable Federal brass case
- Extremely reliable primer
- Loaded to produce consistent performance on the range and in defense situations
Part No. / Description / MSRP
- TP380VHP1 / 380 Auto 85-grain VHP / $34.99
- TP357VHP1 / 357 Mag 125-grain VHP / $39.99
- TP38VHP1 / 38 Special 158-grain VHP / $31.99
This ammo is so new that it’s not yet listed on Federal’s website, so check with your local ammo dealers.