Eddie Bauer Launches $60,000 Film Grant to Support BIPOC Filmmakers
Adam Scepaniak 04.02.21
Eddie Bauer has launched an initiative to better support those of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color communities (BIPOC) who are looking to get into the great outdoors and film their exploits for others to enjoy as well.
They launched their One Outside Film Grant program to support filmmakers from underrepresented communities with six $10,000 film grants to help fund the creation of outdoor films. If you are interested in potentially receiving one of these grants to produce filmwork you have from now until April 18th, 2021 to submit for the grant.
Also, they will provide promotional support across Eddie Bauer channels. Eddie Bauer will work with a panel of BIPOC filmmakers, brand partners and creators to award the grants as best as possible. Further details can be read below:
Eddie Bauer – Outdoor Experiences should be for Everyone
At Eddie Bauer, we believe that outdoor experiences should be for everyone – regardless of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, mental and physical ability or age. In acknowledgement that outdoor spaces are not always a welcoming place for all, it’s our mission to bring the benefits of the outdoors to all communities, particularly those who have been underrepresented.
To further amplify the voices, stories, and experiences of underrepresented communities in the outdoors, we’re excited to introduce the Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant.
Each year, we’ll award up to six $10,000 film grants to help fund the creation of outdoor films made by filmmakers from underrepresented groups.
Up to six $10,000 Film Grants for Outdoor Filmmakers
For our 2021 Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant we’ll be awarding film grants to filmmakers who identify as part of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color communities. In addition to financial support and promotion of the films across Eddie Bauer channels, we aim to partner with filmmakers to tell stories that help all people feel invited, accepted, and validated in their full range of outdoor experiences.
Now Accepting Applications through April 18, 2021
You are eligible to apply for the 2021 Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant if:
- You identify as a member of Black, Indigenous and People of Color communities.
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico who, as of March 15, 2021, are at least 18 years of age.
- You are a filmmaker, or member of a filmmaking team.
- You pitch your film project and submit further explanation (if required) to a review committee.
- You complete your film before Oct 1, 2021 (date subject to change at Eddie Bauer’s sole discretion).
- Your film’s subject matter is relevant to the outdoors or outdoor adjacent topics (such as social topics, access and equality topics, or philanthropic topics– within the context of the outdoors or environment).
- You enter into a non-exclusive license agreement with Eddie Bauer to use, display, and publish the film if your film project is awarded a film grant.
If your Film Project is Awarded a Film Grant:
- You will receive $10,000 in payment installments throughout 2021 with final payment upon completion and submission of the film to Eddie Bauer before 10/1/2021 (date subject to change at Eddie Bauer’s sole discretion). The film grant money is to be used for the film project expenses including travel, gear, crew, location fees, professional services, licensing, and other production costs.
- You will receive limited production support (if needed), including permit assistance, edit reviews, and guidance.
- You will receive Eddie Bauer gear and apparel product to aid in your production.
- You will receive platform support from Eddie Bauer channels and partners, to promote your film.
- You will maintain ownership and rights to your film project (subject to a non-exclusive license for Eddie Bauer to use, display, and publish the film).
These film grants are the latest commitment from the Seattle-based brand to increase participation in the outdoors for all. One Outside was first launched in February 2020 with a roster of four community leaders who worked with the brand to advise and consult on inclusive marketing, product design, and employee education. Eddie Bauer supports these leaders and their organizations financially and with promotional efforts to amplify their voices. The One Outside roster doubled in size in September 2020 with four new leaders.
With the tumultuous past year we have all endured, more people are finding new passions and creativity in being in the great outdoors for exploration and recreation. In a world where many businesses and leisure activities were closed, the one positive is seeing so many people engaged in the outdoors from so many walks of life.
If you think you know someone who would be a good candidate for one of the six $10,000 film grants be sure to share this with them and/or apply for the grant yourself! As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate when you give us feedback and participate in our articles.