NEW Springfield Armory Saint Edge ATC – Accurized Tactical Chassis
Adam Scepaniak 12.08.21
Springfield Armory has been on an absolute tear these past few months unveiling one new firearm after another. From new 1911 models in the Garrison, Emissary, and Ronin EMP to even more optic ready offerings like the XD-S Mod.2 OSP. All of those aforementioned selections have great feature sets and are logically, well-designed guns you would come to expect from Springfield Armory. One firearm no one will see coming is their newest firearm debuted today in the Saint Edge ATC .223 Wylde – Accurized Tactical Chassis!
Springfield Armory Coverage on AllOutdoor
- The New Ronin EMP 1911 Pistol from Springfield Armory
- NEW Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 – Defend What Is Yours
- Springfield Armory Unveils NEW 1911 Emissary Offerings
- Springfield Armory Debuts New XD-S Mod.2 OSP Variants
Many shooters are aware that “free-floating” a barrel improves the accuracy. By removing any outside “influences” on the barrel there is less whip; thus, the bullet is more true to its intended path and accurate on target. Most people believe going from a traditional ’90s style plastic handguard to a modern free-floated M-LOK rail remedies all of this. Well, it solves most of that problem of outside influences.
“The heart of the SAINT® Edge ATC system is the patented Accurized Tactical Chassis monolithic lower. Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum, the lower receiver is designed to remove any contact with the barrel, barrel nut and gas system. This completely free-floated system is the foundation of the SAINT Edge ATC’s unparalleled accuracy.”
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Color: Coyote Brown
- Barrel: 18″ Ballistic Advantage with Melonite® Finish and 1 in 7″ Twist Rate
- Upper Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Coyote Brown Cerakote H-250, Forward Assist, M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver: ATC Chassis, Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Coyote Brown Cerakote H-250, QD Mounting Points
- Bolt-Carrier Group (BCG): M16 w/ Carpenter 158 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite®
- Gas System: Direct Impingement Mid-Length, Low-Profile Pinned Gas Block
- Handguard: Integral to ATC Chassis, M-Lok®
- Stock: B5 Systems Coyote Brown Precision Stock
- Trigger: LaRue MBT Flat 2 Stage
- Muzzle Device: SA Muzzle Brake
- Receiver Extension & End Plate: Mil-Spec, QD
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Charging Handle: GI Style
- Safety Switch: Single Side
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Grip: B5 Systems Coyote Brown Type 23 P-Grip
The newly unveiled Saint Edge ATC will be debuted in two offerings. The standard model in black will have an MSRP of $1,549 as the Saint Edge ATC .223 Wylde (SKU: STA918223B). The much upgraded model in Coyote Brown will punch in at an MSRP of $1,899 as the Saint Edge ATC Elite .223 Wylde (SKU: STAE918223CB). An expanded explanation for both can be watched below in Springfield Armory’s YouTube video.
For some firearm enthusiasts, there might be some “shock at first sight” upon seeing this unique rendition of an AR-15 rifle, but don’t worry, love will soon come afterwards the longer you read about the quality poured over this rifle. With a sub-MOA guarantee out of the box when shooting quality boxed ammunition, I am excited to give this rifle a try! As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.