Is 2022 the Time for Serenity? Cabot Guns Says, Yes!
Eve Flanigan 01.12.22
What’s that soft glow emanating from the gun safe? It’s called Serenity, the latest offering from exclusive 1911 maker, Cabot Guns. Like every Cabot gun, the Serenity has some striking features. Chief among them is a Damascus-finish slide. It subtly contrasts with the smooth, silvery finish of the gun’s stainless steel externals. The grips are solid, polished stainless adding a subtle shine and weight that make the Serenity one of the company’s tamest guns where recoil is concerned. For the Cabot collector, the Serenity is designed as the antithesis to the Apocalypse model. It is light in color and all about the smooth, flowing edges and textures, standing in contrast to the rough and dark-themed Apocalypse.
Cabot Guns Coverage on AllOutdoor & TheFirearmBlog
- Cabot 1911 Pistol: a True Work of Art
- Shiny: The Custom Serenity 1911 From Cabot Guns
- Cabot TITAN One of a Kind Engraved 1911 Pistol
- Cabot Guns Releases Lineup For 2022 Gun of the Month Club
Inside, the Serenity has extremely polished components that allow for smooth cycling and an enjoyable shooting experience. Like other Cabot Guns, it has an “idiot scratch”-proof disassembly lever, especially important for this finely finished firearm.
Each Serenity is made to order, and there are options aplenty including government or commander length (the latter built on a full-size frame for reliable performance), chambering in 9mm or 45 ACP, optic milling, a choice of three rear sights, extended or standard magazine well, three trigger choices, a threaded barrel, ambidextrous safety, rail or no rail, and a pre-mounted weapon light.
For the 1911 fan who has almost everything, there’s nothing like a Serenity or one of its stablemates to fill that gap. Just don’t get in a hurry. Current lead time is 12 – 18 months after making the non-refundable deposit on the base price of $8,495.
- Available in 9mm or .45 ACP
- Cabot Frame constructed from 416 stainless steel billet
- Damascus stainless steel slide, deep etched and polished
- Proprietary hardening process
- 5- or 4.25-inch stainless steel match grade barrel, hand-fit, crown cut, flush fit (threaded barrel optional)
- Polished feed ramp
- Big Bang cocking serrations
- Lowered and flared ejection port
- Flat serrated trigger set to 3.5 to 4 pounds
- Rhombus cut front strap checkering 24 LPI
- Rhombus cut checkering on main spring housing
- One-piece extended magwell and main spring housing
- Cabot machined-in-place Perfect Fit ejector
- Cabot billet one-piece, full length guide rod
- Billet thumb safety
- Billet magazine release
- Billet beaver tail grip safety
- Cabot billet constructed barrel bushing
- Cabot reverse dovetail front sight – stainless steel
- Cabot ledge rear sight standard (mrds mount and optic optional)
- Billet stainless steel grips
- Integrated frame rail
- Two 8-round magazines (9-round magazines for 9mm)
- Cabot bushing wrench and gun lock
- Better than 1.5 inches at 25 yards accuracy guarantee