Watch: Track N Go Turns Trucks Into Snowmobiles
Russ Chastain 06.10.16
Now this is cool. Track N Go is system of snow tracks for trucks and SUVs that is pretty easy to install and lets trucks run pretty fast. You need to add a few attachments here and there on your vehicle, but no permanent modifications are needed.
The company behind it is impressive as they’ve developed a number of snow track systems over the years. This one looks pretty good for anyone who needs to drive in snow.
These units look great, and for a reported cost of $25,000 per set, it had better be! Naturally, most customers will be businesses and municipalities that have a real need to drive off-road in the snow.
Track N Go won’t work on just any vehicle, though. Here’s their list of requirements:
- Four wheel drive
- Automatic transmission with low range 4L
- Automatic differential lock (or limiter slip diff.) on rear axle
- Winter tires with regular soft compound (all seasons tires and mud tires works but not recommended)
- Important: Use tires without studs
- Outside tire diameter required: 31 to 35 inches (780 to 875 mm)
- Tire width: up to 13 inches (330 mm)
- Remove full length running boards from the vehicle
- Engine (full size/large trucks and SUVs): V8, 5L or larger displacement
- Engine (mid-size pickups and “off-road SUVs”): V6
They also recommend:
- Front differential locker (for optimal performance in deep snow)
- Heavy duty cooling system (to reach higher speed in deep snow)
Compatibility with SUVs is limited. You can see a list of compatible SUVs here.