Snakes Alive


Snakes Alive

A man who stopped along South Florida’s Alligator Alley to catch a glimpse of the area’s famous reptiles was air-lifted to an emergency care unit after he stepped on a cottonmouth water moccasin snake he didn’t see. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles said the 29-year-old from Boynton Beach was bitten on the foot by the snake one evening¬†after he and his girlfriend stopped their car and got out to watch an alligator, apparently oblivious to the reptile near their feet.

In Rowan County, North Carolina, 82-year-old William Litaker spotted a couple poisonous copperhead snakes behind a mobile home he used as storage. To rid the danger posed by the snakes, he thought he’d “smoke ’em out.” But when his kerosene-induced smoke-snake-control-system destroyed a barn, two sheds, and the mobile home containing collectibles and antiques, he was reflective.¬†“I thought now would be a good time to do it [smoke ’em], but it wasn’t,” he said.

Avatar Author ID 63 - 444716061

Bob McNally is currently a writer for AllOutdoor who has chosen not to write a short bio at this time.

Read More