IWI to Unveil DAN® 338 Tactical Precision Rifle at the 2017 SHOT Show
Russ Chastain 01.13.17
IWI is planning introduce their first bolt-action rifle at the SHOT Show in a few days. Naturally, it’s a full-blown tactical rifle with a pistol grip reminiscent of an AR, folding skeletonized butt stock, picatinny rails galore, and a whole lot more.
The DAN 338 is chambered for 338 Lapua Magnum and promises “the highest standards of performance in reliability, ruggedness and sub-MOA accuracy.”
‘Having the extraordinary DAN 338 in the IWI US catalog is a complement to our current product line-up,’ Michael Kassnar, vice president of sales & marketing for IWI US explained. ‘Until now, we did not have a bolt-action rifle, but then IWI does not believe in filling in its product line-up with just any firearm. Every product that comes out of IWI is meticulously designed, seriously engineered and manufactured and put right into action on the battlefield as its final test. Only those firearm systems that exceed their expectations become an IWI firearm. For serious shooters and long-range competitors, the DAN is the ultimate rifle.’
Who needs a stock, when you can use a chassis instead? To wit:
Built on a one-piece, lightweight aluminum alloy chassis with a full-length, one-piece Picatinny top rail with 20 MOA built-in canted drop, plus a full-length bottom Pic rail. For additional accessory mounting, there are also two moveable, short Picatinny rails at 3 and 6 o’clock. The side-folding aluminum buttstock is skeletonized for less weight and has an adjustable length-of-pull, adjustable drop-of-heel and adjustable comb.
Here’s the list of specs:
- 28″ heavy fluted, free-floating, cold-hammer forged interchangeable barrel
- 1:10 twist with 5/8 x 24 TPI threaded muzzle
- Two-stage adjustable trigger
- Ambidextrous mag release and trigger block safety
- Two 10-round steel magazines
- Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR bipod
- ACCU-SHOT BT13-QK-PRM adjustable folding monopod
- Borka PTL precision torque limiter wrench
- Dewey BRCCK-338L cleaning kit with 338 Lapua Magnum custom DAN bore guide and 44” one-piece rod
- Heavy duty lockable case with custom foam insert
- (Riflescope not included)
I’m not sure whether DAN is an acronym or what it might stand for if it is, but who cares? This thing looks sweet and I might just have to burn up some of IWI’s ammo in it.