Man’s Best Friend! Ruger’s 3rd Collector Series 10/22 Rifle
Adam Scepaniak 11.19.18
Ruger has announced the 3rd rifle in their Collector’s Series of distinctive 10/22 rifles with Man’s Best Friend. A tribute 10/22 rifle paying homage to our companions, hunting partners, and “man’s best friend.” It has been quite awhile since Ruger has unveiled a rifle within their Collector’s Series. The last model released to the public was back on June 19th, 2015.
The 3rd rifle in their Collector’s Series, Man’s Best Friend, exhibits a 10/22 package with components and materials we have all seen before. What sets it apart is the unique collection of features and additional pieces that come with the rifle. The complete specification listing, as presented by Ruger, can be read below.
- Ruger Collector’s Series 10/22® carbine rifles feature a limited time, Collector’s Series bolt marking, Collector’s Series “Man’s Best Friend” Street Sign and Dog Tag, $25.00 ShopRuger.com Gift Certificate, and Collector’s Series sticker.
- Ruger® Modular Stock System with low comb, standard length of pull module on synthetic stock.
- Detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.
- Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance.
- Cold hammer-forged barrel is locked into the receiver by a unique, two-screw, V-block system.
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.
- Factory-Installed One-Piece Aluminum Scope Rail
- Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine.
- Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and an unmatched ability to withstand the elements.
The MSRP for this tribute 10/22 rifle is currently benchmarked at $399 making it very affordable. For those who may be interested in purchasing one for their own collection, this rifle is a Davidson’s Exclusive and only a limited run of them is set to be produced. At this time, Ruger has not stated the exact amount to be made, but it is sure to not be many and they will sell quickly. Ruger published this encompassing public statement regarding the unveiling of the new rifle:
In production for over 50 years, the Ruger 10/22 has become America’s favorite .22 rifle. With proven performance, a legendary action, and a renowned, reliable rotary magazine, the 10/22 has inspired a loyal following.
So what do you guys and gals think? Is this something that you would want to enter into your collection? Or would you pass on it for a different 10/22 model? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.