Restoring Old Glory! NEW Savage Arms Model 110 Classic
Adam Scepaniak 09.12.19
Savage Arms has restored some of their former glory of beautiful wood firearms by reintroducing the Model 110 Classic in 8 cartridges. While most companies are abandoning wood-stocked rifles in place of synthetic or plastic ones Savage Arms is bringing back some beautiful nostalgia for many shooters by modernizing yet retaining the artistic lines of this classic model. All of the specifications for the Model 110 Classic can be read below as presented by Savage Arms:
- Classic Walnut Stock w/ Modern Ergonomics
- Push-Button Mechanism allows the Shooter to Adjust Length-of-Pull (LOP) & Comb Height
- User-Adjustable AccuTrigger
- 3-Position Safety
- Model 110 Carbon Steel Barreled Action w/ Matte Black Finish
- 9/16” x 28 T.P.I. Muzzle
- Drilled & Tapped Receiver for Scope Mounts
- 2 Sling Swivel Studs
This rifle is chambered in a lot of the cartridges hunters and shooters would expect with everything from the bandwagon popular 6.5 Creedmoor to the thunderous .300 Winchester Magnum. It might surprise people that all 8 of the offered cartridges have the exact same MSRP. All of the chamberings, their barrel lengths, and the pricing can be read below:
- 110 Classic .243 Win | 22” Barrel | 57424 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic 6.5 Creedmoor | 22” Barrel | 57426 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic .270 Win | 22” Barrel | 57428 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic 7mm-08 Rem | 22” Barrel |57427 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic 7mm Rem Mag | 24” Barrel | 57430 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic .308 Win | 22” Barrel | 57425 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic .30-06 Sprg | 22” Barrel | 57429 | MSRP $999
- 110 Classic .300 Win Mag | 24” Barrel | 57431 | MSRP $999
While this rifle has an attractive piece of walnut boasting cut-checkering on the forearm and pistol grip, it also has an adjustable comb, adjustable length-of-pull, and the marquee Savage Arms adjustable AccuTrigger. By melding the old with the new it offers a lot to potential shooters and hunters who may be eyeing this rifle. A final statement from Savage Arms can be read below for anyone who might be sitting on the fence:
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts – September 10, 2019 – Savage is proud to introduce its new 110 Classic, a rifle that combines timeless looks of a walnut stock, complete with user adjustability and superior accuracy. The new bolt-action rifle is available in eight of the most popular hunting calibers. Shipments of these firearms have been delivered to dealers.
The new 110 Classic features a quality walnut stock with modern ergonomics similar to those of the new Model 110 design. The stock’s fully adjustable length-of-pull and comb height allow peak comfort, consistency and precision. The 110 Classic also features our user-adjustable AccuTrigger and a carbon steel barrel with a threaded muzzle.
As we head into the fall hunting seasons throughout much of the United States, this new Model 110 Classic from Savage Arms could not have better timing if they can get it on gun store shelves. If you came across one at your local gun store, would you be a buyer? Let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.