Yamaha Increases Public Land Conservation Efforts for 2021
Nicolas Lenze 07.06.21
We’ve been seeing more and more companies working hard on conservation efforts. Some companies focus on wildlife, while others focus on the land itself. Yamaha has been contributing to these efforts for 12 years. The popular motorsports company has just completed its list of organizations that will benefit from the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative for the first quarter of 2021.
Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, announces the completion of the 2021 Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative (OAI) first quarter grant cycle with funding decisions totaling $225,000. The first quarter applicant pool represented a wide-ranging selection of OHV enthusiasts with projects working to supply ATV, Side-by-Side (SxS), motorcycle, and snowmobile riders with safe and sustainable trails and riding areas for responsible recreation. As the powersports industry’s leading land access program, the Yamaha OAI remains an essential resource to grassroots efforts initiated by riding clubs, land stewardship organizations, and public land managers across the country.
Yamaha Ups Their Conservation Game
Issuing a total of $225,000 in grants this quarter, Yamaha is continuing to put its money where its mouth is. Motorized recreation is growing. More people are getting outside and enjoying the world around them. Since the beginning of the Outdoor Access Initiative, $4.5 million has been granted to almost 400 conservation efforts. If you’d like to apply for a grant, you can find the guidelines and application at YamahaOAI.com.
- All Kids Bike / Strider Education Foundation
- Central Mountain ATV Association, Pennsylvania
- Darnell Hills – BLM Open OHV Area, Wyoming
- Day Mountain Road Association, Maine
- Interior Alaska Trails and Parks Foundation
- Lakes Region ATV Club, Maine
- Northwest Motorcycle Association, Washington
- Osseo Area Dusty Riders, Wisconsin
- Sault Ste. Marie Snowmobile Association, Michigan
- Southwest Wildlife Foundation, Arizona
- The Nature Conservancy, Tennessee Chapter