NEW Revision Military I-Vis Technology Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear
Adam Scepaniak 10.18.22
When it comes to ballistic eyewear Revision Military is re-establishing the bar to which all others will be judged at with their NEW I-Vis Technology which enhances the natural colors and definition of the environment you are viewing. Whether you are in an urban, concrete jungle or you are on a mountainside, you will have clarity and a crisp view like you have never seen before in a set of ballistic eyewear.
Eyewear Coverage on AllOutdoor
- AllOutdoor Review: Gatorz Specter Laser Defender Sunglasses
- New Gunfire Kit 2.0 Safety Glasses from Bolle Safety
- Pit Viper Donates 1,200 Pairs of Ballistic Sunglasses to Military
- AllOutdoor Lightning Review – Shwood CAMP Sunglasses: Topo/Trail
ESSEX JUNCTION, VERMONT (October 18, 2022) – Revision Military, a leading producer of protective eyewear for military, law enforcement, and civilian users, announces the release of its new I-Vis™ eye pro series. Simply put, I-Vis™ lens technology allows Revision to make the absolute best shooting glasses you’ll find this side of a sci-fi movie.
The secret sauce of Revision Military’s newest line of ballistic eyewear is their I-Vis Technology. So, what is it?… “I-Vis is an advanced dye formulation process resulting in a new series of lens tints that markedly enhance visual performance while providing state-of-the-art ballistic eye protection” according to Revision Military. Normal competing ballistic eyewear is monochromatic (it is a single color lens – think of “amber” colored shooting glasses you have seen hundreds of times). A pair of monochromatic glasses like amber might brighten your view on an overcast day, but everything you are seeing will be tinted yellow and that’s a misrepresentation of your environment; that’s not real.
What their new I-Vis technology does right that so many eyewear companies do wrong is their environmentally-tuned lenses give you an accurate view of the world around you. You colors in more vivid detail, there is more definition, and images look more sharp. Then, when you are hunting, glassing for game, or shooting you have the best “view” you possibly can before you take a shot.
In order to cover most all of the different environments we as shooters, hunters, and firearm enthusiasts might encounter Revision Military came up with 6 unique lens types. Those can all be read below in greater detail:
- Verso: Our most technically complex lens designed to thrive in the widest range of environments and settings. This lens excels at separating colors, expanding the volume of color visible to the wearer in many environments. If you’re unsure of the mission profile, this is the lens to use. (VLT: 19%*)
- Aros: Enhances colors found in typical desert environments. It brings out differences between similar shades of brown, tan, yellow, and orange colors while making man-made structures and objects stand out. (VLT: 12%*)
- Cano: Modeled to provide color definition in an environment dominated by greens, browns, and grays. Visual light transmission is maximized for this lens since operations will be conducted in densely forested areas where the canopy heavily shades the terrain. Man-made structures will stand out, as will differences in the foreground landscape. (VLT: 37%*)
- Alto: Suited to dry, high-altitude environments dominated by grays, tans, and blues such as those found in northern Afghanistan. This lens brings out differences in prevalent landscape colors to help troops read terrain and notice man-made structures, roads, and people. (VLT: 12%*)
- Clara: Brings out color definition and contrast in brightly lit areas of white, gray, and blue found in snowy wooded areas, rocks, and mountains. It is modeled for use in northern Europe, Scandinavia, and the Baltics, and Poland. This lens will help the wearer better see the undulations of snowpack, identify recently covered tracks, estimate distances, and makes man-made structures, vehicles, and people stand out. (VLT: 12%*)
- Umbra: Designed to bring out color contrast in overcast, snow-covered scenes that are dominated by whites and grays found in snowy wooded areas, rocks, and mountains. It is modeled for use in northern Europe, Scandinavia, the Baltics, and Poland. This lens will help the wearer better see the undulations of snowpack, identify recently covered tracks, estimate distances, and makes man-made structures, vehicles, and people stand out. (VLT: 48%*)
*VLT may vary +/- 5% based upon eyewear form factor, lens thickness and coatings.
At this time, this new line of ballistic eyewear does not have an MSRP established, but that will come soon. Our staff from AllOutdoor.com, TheFirearmBlog.com, and OutdoorHub.com all got to handle and wear this in-person in Idaho and will have full-length editorials coming out soon. Be sure to to watch all 3 websites for more coverage.
About Revision Military
Revision is relentlessly dedicated to protecting vision by developing and delivering purpose-built eye protection for military and tactical use worldwide. The Company has invested in the development and delivery of advanced laser protective solutions over the past decade and become experts in both ballistic laser protective solutions to protect military, law enforcement and first responders today, as well as the distinct ability to develop custom solutions based upon the unique threat and situation. Revision specializes in integration for the optimum and necessary balance of protection and performance.